Classes during COVID-19
- Arrive promptly at scheduled time.
- Unpack quickly
Move outside and wait
(Tea/Coffee available - Takeaway cups provided)
- Karen will start the class outside 10 minutes after scheduled time
- Maintain 1.5 m distancing
- Maximum of 3 attendees
- Total inside time must be 2 hours or less due to COVID-19 regulations
Do not attend your class if you are unwell
Class times: Classes are held at a variety of times but mostly Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings.
Duration: One session is 2 hours and 15 minutes long. Courses vary from 2-5 weeks long.
What you will achieve: In most instances the classes cover information and give you time (with some homework) to create a quilt top or table runner top. The quilting and binding are done outside the class. Exceptions are the one day workshop when bags and cushions are completed in the one day and the quilt as you go raggy edge quilt.
Cost: Classes must be paid for in advance at the time of booking. If the classes are a series, a missed class still has to be paid for and cannot be made up. If you are attending a class made by appointment with Karen, this must be paid in advance and if cancelled less than 48 hours prior to the class will not be refunded.
What to bring:
- Sewing machine in working order with a 1/4” foot if you have one.
If you wish to use one of our machines you may do so for a fee of $5 per class.
- A rotary cutter with a sharp blade
- Pencil and/or pen for notes
- General sewing supplies:
- Thread snips
- Fabric scissors
- Seam Ripper - Unpicker
- Fabric marking pencil
- Tape measure
- Thread - usually a neutral or blending colour will be fine
- Rulers (optional - ours are available to use during classes). If a speciality ruler is needed this will be in the class description.
These items are all available for purchase at Rainbow Patchwork (with the exception of sewing machines and note taking pencils/pens and paper).
Class size: Classes normally have a maximum of 6 attendees and are priced to reflect this. Due to COVID-19 class sizes are reduced to a maximum of 3 attendees but our prices have not changed, and consequently Karen may be running the shop or quilting at the same time.